Iron Chrome Cobalt FeCrCo Magnets
Iron-Chrome-Cobalt magnets (FeCrCo) have similar properties to cast Alnico 5 but, unlike cast alnico, the FeCrCo magnets are actually reasonably malleable.
The FeCrCo magnet material is semi-hard magnetically and exists in bar, rod, wire and also as thin rolled strip.
They are a replacement for CuNiFe magnetic material (CuNiFe is not commercially available any more).
|Ring FeCrCo Magnets Iron-Chrome-Cobalt magnets Fe-Cr-Co Tube Magnets
• Malleable – FeCrCo is easier to machine than Alnico
• FeCrCo can be hot deformed
• The maximum recommended operating temperature is typically around +400 degrees C (752F)
• FeCrCo has a Hc varying typically from 50kA/m to 300kA/m. The value of Hc produced depends on the method of the final heat treatment (timescale, temperature and quench rate)
• FeCrCo usually does not require any corrosion coating
• If the final heat treatment is not performed, the magnetic performance is very poor
• The strips are usually thin. Thicker sheets and plate are not really possible
• Easily demagnetised or remagnetised in a different direction
• Hysteresis coupling applications e.g. a multi-pole permanent magnet rotor turning a FeCrCo disc by hysteresis
A company wanted a customised needle for a compass they were designing.
The needle could be produced to the shape, heat treated, painted and magnetised to their requirements.
Iron chromium Cobalt (FeCrCo) magnets are similar to Alnico magnets in magnetic property, but they have better mechanical property. FeCrCo alloys can be easily hot deformed and machined. There are practically no limitations of their shapes and sizes. They can be made to block, square rods, round rods, tube, strips, wire. FeCrCo magnets are beneficial combination of magnets and mechanical properties. Their maximum working trmperature can be as high as 400°C.
FeCrCo Can be made to small and complex shape components. Its minimum diameter can reach 0.05mm and the thinnest thickness can reach 0.1mm, so it is suitable for the production of high-precision components. It has good temperature stability and corrosion resistance. The high Curie temperature is about 680℃ and the highest wroking teperature can reach 400℃ .
Iron-Chrome-Cobalt permanent magnets are a malleable, magnetically semi-hard alloy which is available in cast form (see the Alnico Magnet section) and as thin rolled strip,bar,rod or wire from Rolled Products facility. It is an excellent material for hysteresis coupling and for sensor applications. It is also a substitute for CuNiFe, which is no longer commercially available.
As the magnets have strong attraction and we will use the spacer to apart the magnets each other in case people will be hurt when take it out. Then, they will be packed in a white box of pieces each, several boxes to a carton.
+By Air: If the goods will be shipped by air, all the magnetic should be degaussed and we will use Iron sheet to shield.
+By Sea: If the goods are will be shipped by sea, we will place a pallet on the bottom of cartons.
Express (TNT, DHL, FedEx, UPS, etc), Air, Ocean.
A: The weight is under 40Kgs, we recommend to send them in shielding boxes to you by Express.
B: The weight is between 40Kgs-100Kgs, it can be sent by Express or Air.
C: The weight is over 100Kgs, we recommend to send them by Ocean.
If you need it, please kindly advise me the following details:
D Magnetization Direction
Then I will provide the most competitive price for you.
Thanks for your cooperation.